Purple flowers are a must for me. Check out the picture of the Purple Crocuses I encountered on my morning walk a few weeks ago. I also have Purple Hyacinths that my Twin Grandsons bought me for Easter. Can't wait to plant them in the yard and watch them bloom each Spring.
During my teenage years, I painted my bedroom purple. I always had purple pens that I doodled with, as writing in color was frowned upon in school. But my notebooks and folders were covered with purple flowers and all of my friends’ names also written in purple.
For my wedding in the 70’s I chose purple as the color for my bridesmaids dresses and flowers. Actually it was a lighter shade of lilac/lavendar, but you get the picture. They were Purple.
In the early 90s, I purchased a Purple Plymouth Neon.
Upon researching the meaning of the color purple, here are some of the things I have found.:
- Purple is a mysterious color combining the opposites of red & blue to suggest both nobility and spirituality
- Purple signifies Wealth, Royalty, Luxury, Spiritualism, Creativity, Mystery, Magical. Purple enhances creativity, clears the mind, calms stress
- Purple personalities inspire others with your creative thinking and you ability to deal positively with adversity
- People who love purple are intelligent and sharp They have an eye for detail and notice even those things that are mostly overlooked by others. Purple lovers are very creative and have a refined taste.
- If you are a purple person, it is said that you are sensitive, compassionate, understanding and supportive, thinking of others before yourself. You are a gentle free spirit. Your feelings run deep. There is a quiet dignity about you. People are drawn to your charismatic, and alluring energy. You are creative and like to be individualistic in most of your endeavors, including your dress and home décor. You love the unconventional. You are idealistic and often impractical. People who don’t understand you may think you are eccentric. You look for the true meaning of life…..
I think the above description pretty much sums me up, with the exception of being impractical. I consider myself pretty practical. But maybe on the creative side, such as scrapbooking, I may be a slight bit impractical.
A few months ago, I decided to create a Pinterest board dedicated to “Purple – my favorite color”. You can follow me and check out my Purple board at: http://www.pinterest.com/PghGrammy.
In the last two weeks, my notifications have been blowing up with people checking out my Purple Board on Pinterest, following me and repining. This is one of my newest boards and has become my most popular. I am just amazed everytime I log in and see the traffic.
I am so excited to have the board go viral for me. I will keep adding more pins everyday so check back and keep following me. I appreciate all your likes and repins.